The market is saturated with many types of medical, awareness and wellbeing bracelets and the choice can be quite overwhelming, let alone when you are presented with the options of bracelets that have therapeutic magnets.
Whilst generally safe for most individuals magnetic therapy can cause negative side effects for others. There's also many cases of disputed evidence that magnetic bracelets are effective for things like pain management however you'll find people who swear by them and wear them daily!
What are the suggested benefits of magnetic bracelets?
- Assist in dispersing toxins through the quicker removal of waste from the bloodstream
- Help to reduce inflammation by dilating small blood vessels
- Assist in quicker removal of lactic acid from the joints helping to decrease pain
- Boost melatonin levels and help improve sleep
- Provide relief from menstrual pain
- Assist with the longevity and severity of migraines in some patients
- Boost your melatonin levels to help improve sleep
Who should not wear a medical bracelet?
Before rushing to purchase a magnetic bracelet it is always advisable to first speak with your doctor or healthcare practitioner to ensure there is no reason you shouldn't be wearing jewellery with magnets, this includes bracelets that use a magnetic closing clasp.
The list of people who shouldn't wear magnetic jewellery includes but is not limited to:
- People who wear a pacemaker or any form of electrical implant or device within the body
- Pregnant women
- People who have an insulin pump
- People who are undergoing any form of chemotherapy or radiant therapy
- People with sensitive skin should use cautiously
- Children up to 2 years old
- People who are prone to bleeding
Magnetic bracelets don't present themselves to be a miracle cure but from those who reap benefits from them the message is clear that they're definitely worth a try if you're curious to see how they might help with those persistent migraines or stiff joints. Always remember to exercise caution trying anything new like magnet therapy and introduce wear slowly, building up over time from a few hours a day over a couple of weeks first.